Setup Guide For Windows 10
Windows 10 PPTP VPN setup guide
- Log on to your Windows 10 PC with an administrator account, and click the Start button from the bottom-left corner of the screen. From the left section of the displayed Start menu, under the Places section, click Settings.
- On the open Settings window, click the Network & Internet icon.
- From the left pane of the open Network & Internet window, click to select the VPN category. Then from the right pane, click on “+ Add a VPN connection option”.
- On the Add a VPN connection box, populate the fields with the correct values. Make sure that the “Remember my sign-in info” checkbox at the bottom is checked, and click Save.
- Once the new VPN connection is successfully created, go back to the Network & Internet window, click to select the newly created VPN connection from the right. Once selected, from the available buttons, you can either click Connect or, if needed, you can also click the Properties button to make changes to the created VPN connection.
- After closing all the windows, you can still easily connect to the VPN server by clicking the Network icon from system tray at the bottom-right corner of the window, and clicking the Show available connections under the Additional settings section of the Wi-Fi or Ethernet category of the opened Network & Internet window.
Windows 10 L2TP VPN setup guide
- To setup a L2TP VPN connections follow steps 1-3 from above. Once you reach Step 4 fill in the information as above but under “VPN type” choose: “Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec…”.
- After the information is saved and the new VPN connection is successfully created, go back to the Network & Internet window where “VPN” is still selected on the left. Now on the right panel under “Related Settings” click on “Change adapter settings”.
- A new window will open with your network connection. Right-click on “Liberty VPN” and click on “Properties”. In your VPN connections properties select the “Security” Tab and click on the “Advance settings” button.
- Now select “Use preshared key for authentication” and enter the key found in the welcome email. Click ok and ok. Then go back to the Network & Internet window where “VPN” is still selected on the left, select the new connection created on the right and click on “Connect”.