Setup Instructions For Windows 7
- Go to 'Start' and click on 'Control Panel'.
- In the window that opens click on 'Network and Internet'.
- Now Click on 'View Network Status and Tasks'.
- Click on 'Set up a new connection or Network'.
- A new window opens, please click on 'Connect to a Workplace'.
- Then click on 'Use my Internet Connection (VPN).
- Enter the IP address for our welcome email and a name for the connection such as 'Liberty VPN'. Also check the box 'Don't Connect now; just set it up so I can connect later', and click on 'Next'.
- Enter the username and password that you have received by email, check the box 'Remember this password' and click on 'Create' and then 'Close'.
- Click on the Network Connection icon in the task bar on the bottom right hand side of your screen (next to clock).
- Click on the connection (Liberty VPN for example) once and then right-click to choose 'Properties'.
- Click the Options tab - uncheck 'Include Windows logon domain' if checked.
- Now click on the 'Security' tab. Choose the 'PPTP' from the drop down menu.
- For Authentication, choose 'Allow These Protocols' and select CHAP and MS-Chap2.
- Now click on the Networking tab. Uncheck 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)' & 'Client for Microsoft Networks' and press 'Ok'.
- Your Windows 7 VPN is ready. To connect, simply click on the connection in the task bar and select the VPN connection. Click connect.
PLEASE NOTE to set up a L2TP VPN connection choose 'L2TP/IPSec' from the drop down menu. Click on the 'Advanced Settings' button. You will be asked to enter a 'Pre-shared Key for Authorization' (It is found in the welcome email) and click 'Ok'.